A Post-Wedding Checklist
When it comes to weddings, people usually focus on planning the big day and all its amazing details like decor, lighting and the guest experience. However, post-event planning is equally important to make sure everything gets wrapped up and ends with a smooth finish. At Houston Event Planning, we understand that planning a wedding can be quite a challenge. However, with a bit of preparation, you can ensure all the essentials are covered from start to finish.
As experts in event planning, we’ve put together a handy checklist to help you wrap up your reception, so you experience little to no stress when you get back home. Our post-wedding checklist will also help you make sure that nothing is left behind.
1. Make sure all vendors have been paid or tipped as necessary.
2. Notify your wedding planner or family members in charge if you have any rental items (centerpieces, linens, cake stand, etc.) that need to be returned to the rental companies.
3. Take a quick inventory of all the items you brought to the venue to make sure that no items are left behind once you leave.
4. Decide which family member will be taking which items with them from the venue once your occasion comes to an end.
5. Make sure to check underneath tables (like the dessert table, cake table, sign in table, etc.) for any boxes that you can use to pack away items. There shouldn’t be any items left under them, either.
6. Pack up any leftover consumables (such as cake, food, or alcohol) that you brought in.
7. Carefully pack all gifts, money, and well wishes cards or boxes.
8. Take home any décor items, leftover favors, and other small items, like your cake topper, cake cutters, and champagne flutes.
9. Have a member of the bridal party check the area where you got ready to make sure no personal items are forgotten.
10. Make sure the packed items go into the car(s) of the family member(s) assigned to take them home.
11. Ensure the entire bridal party has their shoes, both the ones they came with and the ones they changed into. (This is the number one item forgotten at most wedding events!)
12. Carry out a final check of the venue before leaving.
If you have any concerns about planning your special events, reach out to Houston Event Planning. We are an event planning company in Houston, TX, with over fifteen years of experience in making every special occasion memorable. We’ve done thousands of events for our clients, from gorgeous weddings to large corporate events in Houston, Texas, and around.